St Petersburg Car Accident Attorney
When you are in need of an aggressive St. Petersburg car accident attorney to represent you, call an experienced attorney, not just the one you see on all the billboards. Auto accidents can happen to anyone at any time. It is impossible to anticipate, but at any given moment your entire life can be turned upside down as the result of someone else’s carelessness. No matter how safe a driver you may be, there are always careless drivers on the road who have the potential to cause serious accidents. Even though you may not be at fault, you may still be left with serious injuries, medical expenses, and an insurance company that doesn’t want to pay. This is when an experienced auto injury lawyer is able to help you.
Auto accidents can result in serious injuries or death. It is not uncommon for victims of auto accidents to require extensive hospital stays, rehabilitative programs, and multiple surgeries. Spinal cord and brain injuries may require lifetime care and can quickly bankrupt a family. You may lose income as the result of being out of work, and you may not know when you can start working again. Additionally, you may need to repair or replace your car.
How Can A Florida Auto Accident Lawyer Help You?
Florida auto accident law enables the victims of car accidents to recover damages for injuries suffered in an automobile crash. Florida law also allows you to recover for injuries sustained as the result of another’s negligent operation of a motor vehicle. Damages from these claims include property damage, medical expenses, loss of income and future earnings, as well as pain and suffering.
However, it can be very difficult to handle a car accident claim in the midst of your other problems. That is why you need the help of an experienced St. Petersburg car accident attorney. At Berkowitz & Myer, we understand how frustrating it can be to collect the compensation you deserve. Insurance companies often make it as difficult as they can for you to get your money. Even when they do make an offer, the amount is rarely enough to cover all of your expenses.
What to do if you are in an Car Crash in St. Petersburg?
- Obviously, no one expects to be in an auto accident. However, you do experience some risk every time you get in your car. If you find yourself in an accident, there are certain things you need to do immediately to protect your interests and strengthen your auto accident claim.
- The first thing you should do is get out of the car. Although it is small, there is a risk that your car could catch on fire. Do not stay in the car to make sure your personal belongings are still intact. Just get out.
- Do not say anything incriminating. Be sure not to say anything like, “I should have stopped, the light was red,” or, “I’m sorry, I was on the phone and not paying attention.”
- Contact the police immediately. They will ensure that you are okay and help you through the process.
- Get all of the information you can from the other driver. This includes name, phone number, address, insurance provider, insurance policy number, and all other relevant information. Remember to obtain the same information from all of the passengers in the car as well.
Serving all of St. Petersburg Bay. Complete the form on your right to request a free consultation with Christian Myer, a partner at Berkowitz & Myer, your St. Petersburg car accident attorney.