The Berkowitz & Myer $1,000 Scholarship Essay Contest
The legal professionals at Berkowitz & Myer realize that education is the foundation to a successful career, but may not be financially feasible for students and their families. For this reason, Berkowitz & Myer is proud to announce an annual $1,000 Scholarship Essay Contest.
The 2017 Essay Topic:
To participate in the contest, applicants should write a 600-word essay answering the following question:
According to the National Highway Traffic Administration, 10 percent of fatal crashes and 15 percent of personal injury crashes were reported as distraction-affected crashes. Based on your research, what factors can lead to distracted driving accidents and what suggestions do you have to decrease these types of accidents?
- Applicant must be planning to enroll in an accredited United States College or University during the 2017-2018 academic year.
How to Apply
People who wish to participate should send their essay as an attachment in an email to email@example.com by December 1, 2017 9 AM EST. In the body of the email, applicants should include the following information:
- Your name and phone number
- If you are under 18, contact information for your parents
- The name of the school you are attending or planning on attending
- Your current course of study
- The best way to contact you
Once the application period has ended, our scholarship committee will review the essays and choose a winner by December 31, 2017. The winner will be chosen considering the following factors:
- Responsiveness to the question asked
- The quality of the writing
- The substantive content of the response
The winner’s check will be issued to directly to the student’s college or university.
Contact Berkowitz & Myer for More Information
Berkowitz & Myer is a Saint Petersburg Law Firm that focuses on representing with legal needs related to bankruptcy, personal injury, car accidents and creditor harassment. To contact our law firm, please fill out and submit the contact form available here, or call our office today at 727-344-0123.