Did you know that there were 227,998 car accidents in Florida in 2011 alone? Some of these crashes occurred in St. Petersburg, Florida and we’re here to tell you that you’re not alone if you or someone you love has been involved in a car accident in St. Petersburg FL.
Even though you’re careful when driving, you can’t control how everyone drives on the street. Regardless of your driving habits, accidents happen. They are a regular occurrence on the streets of St. Petersburg.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in the St. Petersburg region, you should immediately contact experienced car accident professional, Christian Myer at Berkowitz & Myer. We can investigate your crash and see if the person that hit you was negligent. If you can prove that he or she was negligent when they hit you, you might be able to get financial compensation for your pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, property damage and more.
Common types of car accident negligence includes:
- texting while driving
- talking on a cell phone while driving
- driving through a yellow light
- failure to yield
- driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol and there are many more.
It’s important to take the following steps if you’ve been involved in a car accident in St. Petersburg FL:
1. You must exchange important information with all the drivers involved in the car accident. This includes their names and their insurance information. You should also get the contact information of any witnesses at the scene of the crash.
2. The police need to be called and the ambulance should be called if anyone is hurt. Don’t skip this step, even if you don’t like the idea of calling the police, it’s extremely important to have an official police report.
3. Call an experienced car accident attorney in St. Petersburg like those at Berkowitz & Myer. You can depend on our skilled legal team to get you the compensation you need. We will work hard on your behalf. Contact us today for a free consultation at (727) 344-0123. We look forward to hearing from you.
You might be interested in reading our previous article, The Top 5 Car Accident Mistakes People Make, to make sure you steer clear of these pesky mistakes.